Introduction to Microsoft Azure
This course is designed to provide foundational knowledge for individuals evaluating Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they hold roles as administrators, developers, or database administrators. It also serves as a prerequisite for those planning to enroll in either the "Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions" or "Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions" courses.
Throughout this program, participants will be introduced to the fundamental principles of cloud computing and gain familiarity with how these principles are implemented in Microsoft Azure. The curriculum covers the process of establishing the core Azure infrastructure, which includes virtual networks and storage. Additionally, participants will learn to create essential Azure services such as Azure virtual machines (VMs), Web Apps, and SQL Databases. The course concludes with an exploration of Azure AD features and methods for integrating it with on-premises Active Directory.
Before enrolling in this course, participants are expected to have a background in IT. Beyond professional experience, individuals attending this training should possess the following technical knowledge:
- Understanding how to deploy websites, including knowledge of web hosting and related technologies.
- A foundational understanding of virtualization, encompassing concepts related to virtual machines and virtualization technology.
- A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, users, and domain controllers.
- Familiarity with fundamental database concepts, such as tables and the ability to execute simple queries.
By the conclusion of this course, participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the fundamentals of cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Utilize Azure PowerShell, the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK), and the Azure command-line interface (CLI) for effective management of Azure subscriptions.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Azure, along with managing their associated disks.
- Establish and configure an Azure virtual network to facilitate secure and efficient communication.
- Develop proficiency in creating, managing, and configuring cloud storage in Azure.
- Effectively employ Azure SQL Database for the creation, configuration, and management of SQL databases.
- Create and manage Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to enhance identity and access management.
- What is Cloud Computing
- What is Azure
- Managing Azure
- Subscription Management and Billing
- What is Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure CLI
- Create and Configure Virtual Machines
- Configure Azure VM in Azure
- Creating and configuring Azure web apps
- Deploying and Monitoring web apps
- Getting started with Azure networking
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancer
- Understanding Azure Storage options
- Creating and managing storage
- Understanding options for relational database deployments
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
- Implementing Windows and Linux containers in Azure
- Introduction to Azure serverless computing
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD Authentication