Basic Computer Skills Course and Effective Internet Use
Gain the skills and knowledge required to operate your computer and perform common tasks. Learn basic computer skills the smart way with Computer Basics training courses at Av Enterprise.
This basic computer skills course will provide you with an understanding of the most popular, current technologies used at home and in the workplace. You will become computer literate in this hands-on course while you learn to access, create, save and manage documents, spreadsheets and emails and use the Internet effectively. We demystify terminology and impart best practice skills for productive and secure use of hardware and software.
This course is designed for adults with no previous computer experience.
This course aims to familiarise you with computers and Microsoft Windows, while learning basic computer, mouse and keyboard skills in a supportive classroom environment.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- appropriately start up and shut down your computer
- navigate the operating system and start applications
- perform basic functions of file management
- perform basic functions in a word processor and spreadsheet
- manage print settings and print documents
- receive and send emails
- use a web browser to navigate the Internet.
- Welcome to the World of Computers
- The Nuts and Bolts: Computer Hardware
- The Tools: Computer Software
- Microsoft® Operating System: Computer Connections
- Navigating in Microsoft® Windows 8: Basic Operations
- Create Documents in Microsoft® Word: Part I
- Create Documents in Microsoft® Word: Part II
- Desktop Publish in Microsoft® Word: Part I
- Desktop Publish in Microsoft® Word: Part II
- Microsoft® Excel Basics
- Microsoft® PowerPoint: The Anatomy of a Presentation
- Put Microsoft® PowerPoint to Work
- The Internet and the World Wide Web
- Research Using the Internet and the World Wide Web
- Security in the Information Age
- Email Etiquette
- Organise with Microsoft® Outlook
- Put Outlook to Work
- Put It All Together